Offshore Oil Spill Containment Boom
Offshore oil spill containment booms are recommended for open waters. Browse online now.
These boom are recommended for open waters, such as large lakes, bays, harbors or ocean environments. Top cable is recommended when several hundred feet are deployed. 3/8" chain ballast is recommended when tidal flows or currents exist.
8" Oil Spill Containment BoomSpecifications
When deployment is necessary for large lakes, bays, or harbors we recommend our 8” Oil Spill Containment Boom. Capable of withstanding tidal flows, open water, and currents, this containment boom is perfect for large bodies of water and close-shore ocean areas. Request a quote for our 8” containment boom, today!
- Various skirt sizes are available.
- When planning to deploy several hundred feet or more, top cable is suggested.
- When tidal flows are present, a 3/8” chain ballast is recommended.
- 8" Diameter Flotation
- Choice of skirt depth (12”, 16", 24", or Custom – choose from drop down)
- 1/4" / 5/16" / 3/8" Galvanized Chain Ballast
- 22 oz. / sq. yd. Jaton or 24 oz. / sq. yd Jaton Plus fabric: orange or yellow
- ASTM aluminum quick latch (Z) or slide couplers are recommended
- Top tension cable available on request
Recommended Section Lengths: 50' and 100'
Recommended Use: These boom are recommended for large lakes, bays or harbors. Top cable is recommended when several hundred feet are deployed. 3/8" chain ballast is recommended when tidal flows or currents exist.