Inland & Nearshore Oil Spill Containment Boom
ACME custom manufactures oil spill containment boom in any length using a variety of extremely durable, flexible thermoplastic fabrics. Shop online today!
Boom can be installed in everything from small bodies of water with no prevailing winds or currents, to large lakes, bays, or harbors, with currents and tidal flows or winds that create significant waves.
8" Oil Spill Containment BoomSpecifications
When deployment is necessary for large lakes, bays, or harbors we recommend our 8” Oil Spill Containment Boom. Capable of withstanding tidal flows, open water, and currents, this containment boom is perfect for large bodies of water and close-shore ocean areas. Request a quote for our 8” containment boom, today!
- Various skirt sizes are available.
- When planning to deploy several hundred feet or more, top cable is suggested.
- When tidal flows are present, a 3/8” chain ballast is recommended.
- 8" Diameter Flotation
- Choice of skirt depth (12”, 16", 24", or Custom – choose from drop down)
- 1/4" / 5/16" / 3/8" Galvanized Chain Ballast
- 22 oz. / sq. yd. Jaton or 24 oz. / sq. yd Jaton Plus fabric: orange or yellow
- ASTM aluminum quick latch (Z) or slide couplers are recommended
- Top tension cable available on request
Recommended Section Lengths: 50' and 100'
Recommended Use: These boom are recommended for large lakes, bays or harbors. Top cable is recommended when several hundred feet are deployed. 3/8" chain ballast is recommended when tidal flows or currents exist.